Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday morning. Haven't been updated in a while, but there really hasn't been much to say as of late. The silver price is bouncing around something fierce still. I had a fairly strong feeling it was gonna dip again and test the $27 range, and it still might, but the movement off of yesterdays lows seems real convincing to me. Nice, orderly, and consistent, so we shall see.

The action in LULU seems great to me, the premiums for our options were moving in the wrong direction for us, so clearly we missed 20-30% on said premium but I still think our trade is good. And as such, LULU is up strong on little news today, taking our options further out of the money. Perfect, we'll keep our $7 premium.

I may introduce my first straight up stock buy recommendation. RIMM is a company who I'm not 100% fond of, but that can't get in the way of objective thinking on value. This company has gotten hammered. And then after that, it got smacked again and again. They still make a great product, and their technology is sound. They are up against some of the fiercest competition around, but I think that that is more than reflected in their share price. Something I'm going to keep an eye on.

Account Details

Cash = $113,020

Liabilities = 30*4.25 = 12,750; 10*8.30 = 8,300; 12,750 + 8,300 = 21,050

Total = 113,020 - 21,050 = $91,970

Currently leaves us sitting on a $8,030 unrealized loss, but seems to be moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment